Membership of Karachi Chamber Of Commerce and Industry (KCCI)
How to get Chambers Of Commerce Membership?
Pakistan has several chambers of commerce including Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore, and Sialkot, among others. Joining Chambers of Commerce enables one to interact with government officials, intermediaries, and ambassadors leading business on a national and international scale. Chamber members keep in touch with government officials to share their concerns on various business-related issues. A member is required to obtain Certificates of Origin, PSW registrations, and endorsements on all necessary commercial documents. The Research and Development Department provides information and consultancy on various business topics to the organization’s members. The department also provides in-depth advice on trade and investment, in addition to explaining the latest government regulations and procedures. Furthermore, to examine issues pertaining to Trade and Industry, Foreign Investment Regulations, Tourism, Taxation, Infrastructure, etc., the Standing Committees also monitor and pursue operational issues.
Membership of Karachi Chamber Of Commerce and Industry (KCCI)
Taxocrate Pvt Ltd can help you become a member of the Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI). Due to its location in the nation’s commercial and industrial center, the Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Karachi represents the mainstream of economic activities. There are two classes of membership in every chamber of commerce in Pakistan. These classes are:
- Corporate Class
The term corporate class refers to multinational corporations or organizations with their head offices or branches in Pakistan. These corporations or organizations are members of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Pakistan. Furthermore, they must also have a turnover of at least Rs.50 million. They need to have a yearly turnover of at least Rs.50 million.
- Associate Class / Member
The term Associate class or member refers to a management organization that is not classified within the corporate or multi-national sector of industry, and who has an annual turnover of less than Rs. 50 million
Notice For Renewal of KCCI Membership
Membership Procedure of Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry:
There is no significant difference in the membership criteria and procedure of any chamber of commerce, rather all chambers of commerce have the same requirements. The procedure for membership is as follows:
Procedure of Membership of KCCI:
- Applicants must complete the chamber’s Membership Form, Signature Form, or ID Card Form.
- Applicants should submit a membership proposal.
- All required documents must be attached to the application.
- The membership certificate should be collected by the person who signed the authorization letter, or if a representative is authorized to collect it on behalf of the proprietor, partner, or director, the letter must specify the name of that representative.
Eligibility Criteria for Membership of KCCI:
- There must be clarity of eligibility criteria of whether it is a sole proprietorship, partnership firm, or a company. Applicants must have an NTN and Sales Tax registration related to their business.
- Applicants’ business should be according to the business scope and jurisdiction of the city they belong to.
- Application of membership for a chamber of commerce will be handled by the existing members of that chamber.
- The applicant should be clear in terms of any criminal record.
Required Documents for Membership of Karachi Chamber of Commerce:
- A written application to the Secretary-General of KCCI for grant of membership.
- Filling in the Membership Form and Signature Form or ID Card Form.
- CNIC copy of Director, Partner, or Proprietor.
- Last month’s sales tax return’s copy (if required)
- NTN and latest income tax return filing proof
- Bank account on a business name
- Attested Partnership Deed by Notary Public. (For Partnership Business).
- Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, along with a Certificate of Incorporation from SECP, attested by the Notary Public. (For Private Limited Company)
- Form 29 attested by SECP. (For Private Limited Company)
An organization’s memorandum and articles of association may provide that members can be canceled or disqualified if they violate any provision of the Trade Ordinance.
Membership can be renewed annually by making sure the payment of prescribed subscription within the time in the Memorandum and Articles of Association. The date is the 31st of March every year. in order for the Renewal of Membership, Income, and Sales Tax filing’s proof is required for the coming year.
How TAXOCRATE Pvt Ltd Can Help You with Membership?
A Taxocrat is a company that can help you with every aspect of corporate-related matters, including company registration, firm registration, trademark registration, Income and Sales Tax, NTN registration, and the registration of the Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI).Do you have any questions? Let us know in the comment box or mail us at [email protected]
We are one call away from you. Give us a call or Whatsapp us on 0331-6644789.
Provincial Tax Authorities
Disclaimer: All information is provided on this portal solely for informational purposes. This portal is not affiliated with the Government website. Please note that this disclaimer also applies to our website, and we may refer to it as ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘website’. The information on the website has been gathered from various government and non-government sources. We disclaim any liability for errors, injuries, losses, or damages arising from the use of this information. We also disclaim any liability for the availability and authenticity of this information. Our services consist of filling out forms, providing legal advice, and assisting our clients. The departmental processing of the registration forms is not our responsibility. You will have to use a service fee for professionally preparing your application, submitting it to the relevant authorities, and coordinating your application process. You will have to pay any Government fees.