Income Tax Return Filing in Pakistan:
Required Documents for Income Tax Return Filing in Pakistan
Who has to File Income Tax Return in Pakistan
Blog By :Muhammad Taif
The income tax is the tax applicable on your annual income that could be earned by any of the sources including salary, business, property or any bank saving schemes. Residents of Pakistan are required to pay the income tax and file an FBR income tax return every tax year. There are many benefits of filing an income tax return in Pakistan. The last and extended date of income tax return 2023 is October 31, 2023. Here, we have listed down the required documents for tax filing in Pakistan for the year 2023.
Required Documents for Income Tax Return Filing for The Year 2023
To begin filing the FBR income tax return 2023, you are required to have an NTN number. If you do not have an NTN number, there is nothing to worry about. Call us now at +92 331 66 44 789 and get a FREE NTN registration.
Following documents are required for NTN registration:
For Salaried Individuals:
- Proof of tax deductions by our employer from
July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023.
- Your bank account statement covering the period
from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023.
- A list of your personal assets along with their
- Any outstanding bank loans or liabilities.
- Utility bills registered in your name.
At Taxocrate, we have a team of qualified tax consultants and lawyers
ready to assist you. Whether it’s filing your tax return, managing your
financial records, representing you during tax audits, or contesting a tax
assessment, we offer strategic guidance and tax management to protect your
For Sole Proprietors, Freelancers, Self-Employed, and Business Owners:
If your income is Rs. 600,000 or more, you are required to file your income tax return in Pakistan. Many individuals engaged in business activities already pay taxes on various transactions but often miss out on claiming those taxes back by not filing their tax returns.
Here’s what you need to become a tax filer in the case of business individuals:
- Evidence of tax deductions by companies, banks, or third parties from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023.
- A summary of net sales invoices and expenses in your business from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023.
- Your bank statements during the same period.
- Details of your business assets as of June 30, 2023.
- A list of your personal assets as of June 30, 2023.
- Utility bills under your business or tax filer’s name.
At Taxocrate, our team of top tax consultants and lawyers knows how to save your hard-earned money and swiftly make your business a tax filer. We stay updated with daily tax reforms and manage your tax affairs to relieve you of a heavy tax burden.
Optional documents that may be required for tax filing in Pakistan (both for salaried and business individuals):
- Certificate of tax deductions from your mobile carrier/operator.
- Certificate of tax deductions on profits from PLS/saving accounts.
- Tax on cash withdrawals from banks.
- Tax on certain banking transactions.
- Foreign remittance certificates.
- Tax deductions on educational fees.
- Advance tax on vehicle registration or ownership transfer.
- Advance tax on property registration or transfer.
- Advance tax on functions and gatherings.
- Tax deducted by Saving Centre.
- Tax deducted in foreign transactions from credit cards.
- Tax deducted on domestic and international air tickets.
Let Taxocrate simplify your path to becoming a tax filer, ensuring you benefit from tax savings and compliance.”
Taxocrate is a professional team of income tax consultants in Karachi and income tax lawyers in Islamabad, who have years of experience in
You can contact us now to get free consultancy from our experienced tax advisors in Karachi and Tax Consultants in Islamabad. Our tax lawyers are always ready to discuss your individual or business tax requirements and provide you with their expert advice.
Remember that the last date for the income tax return filing has been extended by FBR up to 31st October 2023.
In case of non-compliance, FBR can get your cell phone lines, electricity and gas connections disconnected. Additionally, FBR also imposed a SURCHARGE for non-filers.
• For Salaried Individuals: The annual fee is PKR 1,000.
• For Association of Persons (AoP): The yearly charge is PKR 10,000.
• For Private Limited Companies: The annual fee is PKR 20,000.
For a FREE consultation call us today at +92 331 66 44 789
Provincial Tax Authorities
Disclaimer: All information is provided on this portal solely for informational purposes. This portal is not affiliated with the Government website. Please note that this disclaimer also applies to our website, and we may refer to it as ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘website’. The information on the website has been gathered from various government and non-government sources. We disclaim any liability for errors, injuries, losses, or damages arising from the use of this information. We also disclaim any liability for the availability and authenticity of this information. Our services consist of filling out forms, providing legal advice, and assisting our clients. The departmental processing of the registration forms is not our responsibility. You will have to use a service fee for professionally preparing your application, submitting it to the relevant authorities, and coordinating your application process. You will have to pay any Government fees.